Polish Association of Lighting Industry in cooperation with Agencja SOMA organizes two architectural contests:
- RHYTHM OF LIGHT - A NEW LIFE IN THE OLD FRAMEWORK
- OLED LAMP: ILLUMINATING THE WORKPLACE
Both these creativity-based contests are forwarded to young architects, designers and students dealing with light, shape and space.
The organizers expect new ideas and quite new line of thinking about light and its role in space.
The best projects will be not only awarded but will be presented at special finalists' post-competition exhibition during 26th edition of Trade Show LIGHT 2018 held in Warsaw, Poland on January 31st-February 2nd.
Taking part in those contests give participants the opportunity to build their own position but also to become acquainted with the fastest developing European market, as there will be a big demand of lighting solutions in the next 4-5 years in Poland because of:
- World Bank (April 20th 2017): Poland's economic growth is expected to accelerate to 3.3% in 2017
- Focus Economics (May 9th, 2017): A revival in investment and construction activity is supporting momentum and recent economic indicators are pointing up
- European Commission (Spring 2017): The continuation of solid growth in private consumption
- GDP growth (yoy) – 3,5%
Below and in the attachments I'm sending you detailed information of both contests.
RHYTHM OF LIGHT - A NEW LIFE IN THE OLD FRAMEWORK
The task of this competition is to present the architectural and spatial solution designed in the form of new structures within an old substance.
The designs may be situated in any geographic location, climate, and culture.
OLED LAMP: ILLUMINATING THE WORKPLACE
The task for the contestants is to design a lighting element connected with a worksite, with the use of the modern OLED technology.
It may be a lamp or a detail related to the workplace, an illumination arrangement of the room/workspace, an open-air (forest, beach, ....) worksite, on/in water, or even in the outer space.